Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This month marks TB&TB's one-year anniversary. It's also the one-year blogoversary for The Muse Reviews. Great minds, I tell ya!
The top ten reasons I love being a book blogger, in no particular order, are:
1. ARCs - Is there anything better than being one of the first to read what could become the next best seller?
2. Education - I have a degree in English, with an emphasis on writing. As part of my education, I had to read and analyze a lot of stories. Blogging lets me exercise my writing and keep my analytical skills sharp.
3. Sharing - I enjoy sharing my love of books with others. Hopefully, they enjoy it too.
4. Broadening Horizons - One of the nice things about receiving ARCs is that they're free. This has given me the opportunity to read books I probably wouldn't have purchased on my own. In today's economy, I'm purchasing fewer books and only buying authors I already know and enjoy. Blogging pushes me out of my comfort zone and I've discovered some new authors to add to my reading list.
5. Comments - Comments lead me to other blogs. My RSS feed is getting out of control but I've found a ton of blogs I enjoy. It's like cookies; I can't stop at a handful.
6. Recommendations - Comment love also leads to recommendations for new books/authors. As if I needed more books.
7. Comparison - Reading other reviews of a book I just finished is always fun. It takes me back to my writing workshops when I'd sit in a circle with other writers and compare our thoughts about the story we just read. What did we like about the story? Which parts work and which need improvement?
8. Nerdgasm - I'm proud to be a geek girl. Blogging about books lets me get my geek on in a friendly and supportive environment.
9. Creativity - I'm a writer. Blogging allows me to exercise my creativity. Now if only I could convince the kids to give me more time to do it!
10. Potential - I have a lot of goals for The Muse Reviews and I intend to make them happen. Blogging is also a good resume builder, which has the potential to open doors for me on a professional level.
Items described on The Muse Reviews may have been provided free of charge in exchange for an impartial review. Please refer to the Disclaimer for details.